Teach Coalition, a division of the Orthodox Union, assists nonpublic schools in navigating government programs to ensure schools receive all funds available to them. We are looking for someone located in the NYC area who has or will gain expertise on the Nonprofit Security Grant Program (NSGP), NY State Securing Communities Against Hate Crimes (SCAHC) grant, and other government security grants. This staff member will work closely with schools, synagogues, and camps to develop, write, and edit grant applications as well as assist with all grant-related processes. Tasks include managing security grants from development to implementation and assisting with state-specific prequalification and submission requirements. You will be part of the team that takes a grant from inception to completion, including grant implementation if awarded, and be highly responsive to the grantee as well as State Administrative Agencies.
- Interacting with federal and state agencies
- Working directly with organizations to implement security grant projects and utilize funding
- Tracking status of 20+ organizations for major projects
- Researching and developing expertise on security funding opportunities throughout the U.S.
- Compiling data and statistics on crimes and other areas relevant to specific grant applications
- Creating and maintaining spreadsheets to track applications, achievements, and developments in the grant application processes
- Works with composure under strict, high pressure deadlines
- Writing, editing, and proofreading
- Highly organized and able to prioritize • Professional speaking and writing demeanor
- Takes initiative, problem solver, and thinks creatively
- Effectively communicates and can follow up in a timely manner
- Consistently track grant application status and document collection of organizations
- Works well independently and on a team
- Experience working with schools and synagogues
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Administrative experience
- 1-2 years of writing experience
- Security grant experience preferred
- College degree preferred
Depending upon the time of hiring, the staff person will work both from home and at office Headquarters in Lower Manhattan. Eventually, all work will be done from office.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org