Step Up for Students Spending
I. Reimbursement Instructions: Click Here for video tutorial
Before starting the process make sure you have the following documents:
- An invoice from the school reflecting the tuition paid for the quarter you are requesting reimbursement
- A document from the school that details the annual tuition cost and mandatory fees.
- Proof of payment document. (eg. Bank or credit card statement, front and back of a cleared check, Paypal statement, money order or other electronic payment).-Step Up recommends a bank statement showing the FACTS payment. (If the transaction includes payment for other children not receiving the scholarship, either write a note directly on the bank statement or upload a personal statement with an explanation).
- Your personal bank account information routing and account number.-You can show this by taking a screenshot from your FACTS profile. (Step Up recommended using FACTS not a direct statement from the bank account because it is often blanked out for security purposes).
Note: if your child is in pre-k, the invoice should say pre-k and not Daycare or Nursery.
Login to your Unique Abilities profile:
Click “My Information” tab and scroll down to bank information.
- Click on the ““pencil and paper” icon to fill in the banking fields.
- Click on the “save” icon to save your personal banking information.
Click on “account activity” tab.
- Choose “submit a reimbursement request”
- By “provider” choose your private school and go to step 4. if it is not listed, choose “other” and go to step 3.
- By “provider name” put in the name of your private school. (The school must be a Step-Up eligible school)
- By ‘pay to’ drop-down choose “myself”
- By ‘invoice date” choose the date on the invoice provided by the school.
- By “reimbursement category” choose “eligible private school”
- By “reimbursement category” choose “tuition”
- By “item amount” put in the amount of the invoice (The amount cannot exceed the balance reflected in your account).
- Click “save this item”
- Click to accept the “certification statement”
- Choose “submit”
- Go back to the top and click on “upload reimbursement documents”
- Upload the required documents listed abo e and click “finish”
II. Approve a Provider Reimbursement:
- Provide your private school or provider with your child’s FES student ID #
- The private school or provider can submit a request for funds that will show up in your inbox under the “account activity tab”
- Then click “approve a provider reimbursement” under “view student statement”
- click “approve”
III. Purchasing educational materials through the online shop MyScholarship:
Click Here for video tutorial
IV. Pre-Approval for Non-Approved Provider: (required fields)
- By Provider tab choose “other”
- Provider Name- provider title or name of practice
- Pre-Authorization Title -create a title
- Item Category (eg. Specialized services)
- Item Type (eg. Occupational therapy)
- Save This Item
- Choose “submit”
Click HERE to view the AAA spending process